Re: network manager and openvpn client

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 14:05, Mihamina Rakotomandimby
<mihamina gulfsat mg> wrote:
> Manao ahoana, Hello, Bonjour,
>
> My wife's netbook is using Network Manager to connect to our Home WiFi.
> I now want her to also use an openVPN server I setup (Home WiFi +
> openVPN, then). I want her to use the Network Manager (though I dont
> use it for my personnal laptop).
>
> Being connected to the WiFi, when accessing the VPN wizard, she may not
> clic the "+ add" button. She's an admin of the system.
>
> She has the certificates files needed to connect the openVPN server:
> - How to add a VPN connection (Access the VPN wizard)?
> - Must she put the certificates files somewhere before?
>
> By "certificate files" I mean:
> - ca.crt
> - client.crt
> - client.key
>

> Misaotra, Thanks, Merci.

You need to install network-manager-openvpn (or other related package,
such as network-manager-openconnect or network-manager-vpnc) in order
to configure an VPN with NetworkManager.

Greetings.

--
Xoan Sampaiño <xoansampainho gmail com>

 /\  Document Freedom Day        - Liberate your documents
_\/` http://documentfreedom.org/ - March 31st 2010