Re: Gnome does not shut down nor log out user

On 18/08/10 19:10, N B Day wrote:
On Wed, 2010-08-18 at 18:04 +0100, AG wrote:
Hello

Using Gnome 2.30.2 on Debian testing:

When I try to log out of Gnome or shutdown the system using the "System"
menu options, nothing happens.  I have to call up a terminal window and
manually reboot the system.  Gnome is used in conjunction with GDM, and
I don't know which is causing the problem.

Do you have the Open Office quickstarter running?  This causes a failure
to shutdown on Ubuntu and its family recently.   Exit quickstarter and
the system shuts down normally.

Hi there

Thanks for the suggestion. I now exit the OOo Quickstarter and can logout successfully.

Any clue as to what causes the conflict?

Thanks

AG