gnome-appearance-properties, themes, and colour of text labels in notebook tabs

Greetings.

Firstly, if my question belongs somewhere else ... apologies. Let me know and I'll take it elsewhere.

I like dark themes. But there is an omission that makes it difficult to use them with notebooks. There is no way to set the colour of the text of labels in unselected notebook pages.

See: http://entropy.homelinux.org/dark_theme_bug.jpg

The label of the text in the *selected* notebook page is white, and changes when I change the colour of 'windows:text'. However the colour of tab labels for notesbook pages that aren't selected remains black no matter what I do. As you can see, with dark themes, this makes it very hard to read all the labels. The only reason I'm using this particular colour for windows is that using black makes these labels completely invisible.

Am I missing something? Can I hack something in the theme? Should I enter a bug?

Thanks :)

Dan