Re: Remote login

Duncan;

I don't know if you considered it but have you looked at trying xrdp? I've used vncserver on several Fedora boxes and it works once it is setup right. I tried xrdp and that was simple to install as running the package manager, start the xrdp server daemon and I was done. From the Windows box I used the Remote Desktop Connection application, Microsoft's Terminal Services client, to connect. You get a graphical login like you get at the locally connect console screen. With any luck you have it available for your distro and the install script takes care of setting things up, mostly, for you.

http://xrdp.sourceforge.net/

http://packages.debian.org/lenny/xrdp

73's

Leland C. Scott