FW: Remote login

-----Original Message-----
From: KC8LDO [mailto:kc8ldo arrl net]
Sent: 08 May 2010 19:03
To: Duncan Garland
Subject: Re: Remote login

Duncan;

The two things I do on all my systems is to turn off SELinux and the
firewall, at the very least its SELinux. I've heard more people complain
about SELinux screwing with things that I don't want to deal with the same
issue either.

So I wonder if that is a problem, something to do with permissions, on some
component in your desktop that's causing the freezing. SELinux won't allow
some file to load or run, one that controls the menus etc.

Well that's another idea to think about. It does sound like VNC and Xrdp is
working, you get connected, but something in your desktop doesn't like
having the output being redirected. Oh, I forgot to mention all the remote
connections I have done was with Gnome, which I assume you use because of
the mailing list.

If you find a solution I would be interested in knowing what it was so if I
have a situation like this sometime I can fix it.

Regards;

Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

"There is only one boss. The customer.