Re: Save location for screenshots and backgrounds

        On Sat, 2013-03-09 at 15:17 -0800, Dylan McCall wrote:
        One thing that bothers me with GNOME's current screenshot-taking
        behaviour is that the screenshots default to being stored in just the
        Pictures folder.

TBH I think that there should be a dialogue after the screenshot to
prompt the user for a location to save the file, similar to Ubuntu.

        My suggestion is that gnome-screenshot should default to
        Pictures/Screenshots for its auto-save directory, and a similar action
        be taken in the future for applications that automatically add files
        to user-visible folders. I realize this could use a bit more
        discussion than just a bug report, so here I am :)

But I agree that ~/Pictures/Screenshots/* would be a good default
folder.
--
Marco Scannadinari <marco scannadinari co uk>