Re: First release of MAS available

On 24 Jan 2003, iain wrote:

> > b) if we want to include it, then to what degree should we integrate
> > this with GStreamer? (there are some areas of overlap)
>
> We write a GStreamer massrc and massink.
> Then, we use gstreamer to output audio in gnome.

Will cause tons of circular dependencies, much pain, and unnecessary
bloat.

gstreamer is a media framework, not a sound server. Gnome-in-general needs
only a sound server, not a media framework, and IIRC media frameworks such
as gstreamer are missing features necessary to adopt them as replacements
for the sound server functionality that esound provides.

What reasons do you see making important to use gstreamer from all gnome
apps to generate the sound events?

-- Elliot