Re: [gnome-nl] Any news on a GUADEC bid?

Hi,

Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> Dave, at what date would you need a (tentative) bid at the latest?

The board will be announcing this week that we're doing a separate
GUADEC and Akademy next year, and opening the call for bids - I think
they'll want a bid 4 weeks after that, but it could probably hold
another couple of weeks if you told them that you were working on a bid
& wanted a week to get more information. So about September 15th or
20th, I would say.

Re. Amsterdam being more expensive: Yes, I agree, Amsterdam is more
expensive, thus the suggestion to do it within an easy commute of
Schipol. But bear in mind that when coming from South America, the major
cost component of the trip is the flight, and flights to Amsterdam are
much cheaper than most places.

Re. Local support: as Reinout said, I am sure you would get great
support from NLLLG and I would be very happy to help make a Dutch GUADEC
a reality.

Cheers,
Dave.

--