Re: 2.8

Jody Goldberg wrote:

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 06:17:13PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
So what's the opinion on getting all of this into GNOME 2.8?  Do you
guys think it's doable?

I briefly talked to Jody about this, and I believe he said he'd like to
roll libgnomecups into libgnomeprint?  In that case we wouldn't have to
worry about another module.

Yes, unless someone objects I'd like to do that.  It's always
somwhat irritating to release modules in lockstep, and I don't see a
huge benefit to keeping something as small as libgnomecups
standalone.

   No objection :)

If we can get libgnomecups in, then I would like to propose eggcups
(which I have plans to rename to print-notifier).

I'd definitely like to see eggcups included in gnome-cups-manager.

   I like to see that happen also.

Also, what about printman?
Let it wither on the vine ?

I think gnome-cups-manager has really been designed with libgnomecups, is that that making gnome-cups-manager to work well better than getting printman going?

-Ghee