Re: gnome-shell-build-setup Fedora patch

On Sun, 2009-01-18 at 01:32 +0100, Mads Villadsen wrote:
> I have successfully compiled gnome-shell on Fedora 10, and although it
> doesn't quite run yet I thought I should add the required packages to
> the gnome-shell-build-setup.sh script.
>
> It may not be a complete list of required packages since I could already
> have had some relevant development packages installed on my machine.
>
> I also added a small check to see if the lsb_release command exists
> before trying to call it (apparently it isn't installed on a standard
> Fedora).
>
> Hope you can use it.

Hey thanks! Look very reasonable. A comment or two:

+if which lsb_release > /dev/null 2>&1; then
+  system=`lsb_release -is`

Might be nice to handle the no-redhat-lsb case as well? Maybe something
like:

if which lsb_release > /dev/null 2>&1; then
  system=`lsb_release -is`
elif [ -f /etc/fedora-release ] ; then
  system=Fedora
fi

?

+      echo "Please run 'su -c \"yum install $reqd\"' before building
gnome-shell."

Using gpk-install-package-name instead of su might be nice. (It could
even conceivably go ahead and run gpk-install-package-name, since that
prompts the user nicely.)

Though hmm, Fedora 9 gpk-install-package-name may not have been able to
install multiple packages ... hard for me to remember at this point.

- Owen