Re: Window Management

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 01:38, doshitan <doshitan gmail com> wrote:
I know that eventually there will be automatic window resizing implemented in the Shell, a la Windows Aero Snap, and that is good, but I would like to see even more from this feature. Something along the lines of SizeUp or if we want to be really cool, Divvy.

Screencast of SizeUp in action here: http://www.irradiatedsoftware.com/sizeup/

Screencast of Divvy here: http://mizage.com/divvy/

oh beautiful, tiling without the need for snapping.

With this kind of functionality, the Shell could act like a tiling window manager for those that want to set it up to be so!

yeah, very useful indeed.
Snapping is indeed a useful thing to do, the use cases for free window resizing are fairly limited, snapping resize or resizing in a grid makes much more sense, especially when you want to think of docking stuff to edges and such..