Re: Thumbs up!

------- Original message -------
From: Olav Vitters <olav vitters.nl>

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 08:32:56AM +1000, Bojan Smojver wrote:
I keep wondering, why do I have to get a window finding tool (expose)
and its animation when I never asked for one?

No need to say the same thing various times in various ways ("kitchen
sink" / "never asked for one" / etc). I've read the same opinion various
times already. Please wait a bit for more answers if you're not
satisfied with the answer(s) you got, or explain why you do not like the
answer.

https://live.gnome.org/CodeOfConduct
"Avoid repeating what has been said already"

I was just responding to another person's direct comment there which was showing a misunderstanding of what the problem (IMHO) is.. Don't worry, I know my comments will not trigger any change, so I'm not even expecting an answer that I like.

If you go back to the beginning of this whole thread, you will notice a few things:

- I liked what I saw on YouTube
- I didn't like what I experienced when I used it
- I was _asked_ to explain why

It triggered this whole thread.

In the meantime, I went to read as to why Gnome Shell introduced overview. Something about users having their focus taken away and having more space available (I have just about the same space available in my Gnome 2 and have taskbar and workplace switcher). I wasn't sure whether I should laugh or cry.

In order for me not to be distracted when I want to do one of the following:

- start an app
- find a hidden window
- switch workspace

I get the busiest interface known to man, which contains at least 2/3 of stuff I don't want. To avoid distraction.

Seriously, who writes that stuff?

I'm wondering how are all the users of Windows and OS X surviving at all. They must all be sufferring from ADD by now. :-)

--
Bojan