Re: Why modal dialogs are not movable?

On Thu, 2013-04-04 at 18:51 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
it also makes sense from a visual perspective: a modal dialog is
blocking the window to which it's attached, so it should be visually
connected to the window that spawned it.

Just been catching up with my emails, and wanted to propose an
alternative. What if we snap the modal window?

That is, dragging the modal window moves the modal window, allowing you
to peek behind it. When you let go, it springs back to its attached
position.

I agree that both problems, needing to see behind the modal dialog to
check something and needing a visual connection are both important. I
think this solution would solve that.