Re: Gnome 3.8

On Tue, 2013-07-23 at 06:05 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
Alt+F2's command line is also really quick for the odd-ball thing you
need to run.  I used to have to have an applet for that, and it was
always clunky.  Now it is built in [and people keep talking about having
'less features'... not the GNOME Shell I've met].

How is this different from GNOME 2's Alt+F2 thing? Other than the cool
developer shortcuts to access looking glass and restart the shell.

Personally I find myself using the <Super>+search all the time now. I
only use Alt+F2 for the developer shortcuts now.

Whoever
thought up the Frequent / All buttons deserves kudos.
I have seen that most postings are in relation to issues/regressions,
etc.,

Speaking of which, is there any way to revert this behaviour, or to set
the All tab as default?

I actually take the time to manage the menu, and remove clutter. Which
means my All tab tends to be only a little bigger than the frequent tab,
making the frequent tab useless in my circumstance.