Welcome, and some first steps to do

Hi everyone,

I already sent a welcome message to our students for Summer of Code, but
it was not a public message. So let me say it again: welcome! The
gnome-soc-list mailing list is the list dedicated to the Summer of Code,
so feel free to use it. You can send a mail to introduce yourself, and
the project you'll work on, for example. It's also a good place to ask
questions about GNOME, the community, and everything that makes sense to
you. And really, don't be afraid to ask: there's no stupid question :-)

It's really important that students and mentors are already in contact
with each other. If this is not the case, we (the admins) need to know
about it so we can fix the issue (it could be by finding a mentor with
more time, eg).

We're working on getting all of your blogs aggregated on a planet.
However, I didn't get a lot of replies to my last mail: having
hackergotchis is most useful, and knowing about your blog address is,
well, essential :-) If you don't have a hackergotchi yet, you can learn
more about how to create one on [1].

You'll probably need a svn account for SoC. If you don't already have
one, you should probably ask for one. Instructions to do so are at [2].
Please put "SoC" in the subject of the mail when you'll ask for the
account. Behdad will probably look at all the requests next week.

Small summary:
 + make sure you're in contact with your mentor(s)
 + introduce yourself to the community
 + send me blog url + hackergotchi to be on a Planet
 + get a svn account

Let's all have fun :-)

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackergotchi
[2] http://live.gnome.org/NewAccounts