Yet another introduction

Hey folks,

I saw some of you opened the introduction period. So, I'll do the same.

As my name suggests, I'm not Dutch; I'm Belgian. My mother tongue is
French, but I do try to speak Dutch as well. However, at the moment, I
live in Barcelona (hey Siegfried-Angel, we should meet some day) where I
study at the Polytechnic University of Catalonia. My field of study is
(guess what?) Computer Science; operating systems and computer networks,
more specifically.

I've been using free software for a while now (10 years, if I remember
well), and GNOME before 2.0. Over the years, I developed many things for
various companies, but never had time to really join an open source
project.

This summer, I'm going to improve the Python bindings to take advantage
of GObject-Introspection, under the mentoring of Johan Dalin. The first
goal is to provide an alternative to the PyGObject defs parser to
retrieve the needed information from the introspection data instead. The
second goal is to pursue the work that has been done on PyBank, a
runtime bindings generator. And the ultimate goal is to relieve
developers of GObject-based libraries of the need to generate any Python
bindings. (But that's perhaps a bit far away for now)

Right now, I'm a bit busy trying to get as much work for university done
as possible, so that I shall be free during the second part of May and
June to start hacking.

When I don't want not to be recognized, my usual username is
sivanderlinden. You can find me under that name on IRC, Twitter, etc.

Cheers,

--
Simon van der Linden