Re: Theme suggestion: use shared libraries

James Taylor wrote:

> Enlightenment enters the picture =] I think that this is a great iudea
> because it would address most of my conerns with enlightenment. I've done
> a number of themes for E and the bigest deficiency I have found is the
> complete reliznce of pixmaps. I would like to be able to insert a
> different rendering module, and then have a specific
> button/subwindow/widget use it to render a vector graphic. Or some other
> method of drawing vectors rather than relying of scaled pixmaps. Hrm.

Well, I can say that in the future there are planned a number of non-reliance
on pixmap things, however there is a fairly unlimited boundary to the usage
of pixmaps (with scaling).   More than "relying" on scaled pixmaps -- allowing
the use of pixmaps for widgets (and masks) frees up the user to a wider selection
of design options.   However, I am fairly certain that allowing the use of external
rendering modules is also not an unappealing option.

I am still looking for the "Where do we have to draw the line?" boundary where
I have to step back for a moment and figure out when to say when...

--
Geoff Harrison (http://mandrake.net)
Senior Systems Engineer