Re: stock icon structure

Image files in 'image'
Perl, Python, etc., in 'code'
html could go in web, code, data, *or* text...

Although it does seem it would be a good idea to separate out the file type icons, maybe in another tree called 'mime' or something. Could be like:

stock
	(
	text
	web
	)
	mime
		documents (text/plain application/x-gnumeric etc)
		images (image/png image/x-xpixmap etc)
		media (application/x-ogg video/mpeg etc)
		code (text/x-c text/x-python etc)
Or of course we could just follow the 'Document Types' dialogue in that respect.

On 2003.06.25 02:55, Alex Combas wrote:
On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 02:59, Jakub Steiner wrote:
> Because there's about 1200 OpenOffice icons that are to be moved to
the
> gnome-icon-theme we need some structure for the stock icons. Here's
> suggestion:
>
> stock
>         text (fonts, text alignment...)
>         image (images, drawings, image effects...)
>         object (sound, ole, plugin..)
>         table
>         chart (charts, graphs...)
>         data (db...)
>         navigation (arrows...)
>         form (widgets...)
>         code (compilation, debugging...)
>         web (links, email...)
>
> Most of the icons are in 24x24 and 16x16, but some at 32x32 and
48x48 as
> well. If you guys have a better idea how to structure them in g-i-
t,
> please speak up.

...But where do we put file types e.g. perl, python, html etc etc? Or
is
GNOME planing to move away from those just as its moving away from
proprietary and application specific file types like .ai .swf .abi etc
etc...

~Alex