Re: New icons to commit for HighContrast-SVG

Il giorno mar, 17/10/2006 alle 15.10 +0100, Calum Benson ha scritto:
> On 17 Oct 2006, at 11:40, Lapo Calamandrei wrote:
>
> > Very nice Luca!
> >
> > Probably the video camera is not so obvious, the rest is good.
>
> Yeah, the video camera is a bit too detailed I think.

This was just a test. I could remove some stuff I've added just to mimic
the place for closed display.

>  How about a
> side-on view of a more old-fashioned film/cine camera?

Another very stylistic appearance could be the Apple iChat AV icon. See
[1].

About the old cinecamera, I've to try, but it could be hard to place the
film reel using the 4-pixels borders constraint...

> I'm not sure about the Themes icon either.  (Actually I'm quite happy
> with the existing "theatrical masks" icon for that.)

Another test icon, trying to use the same metaphor of gnome-icon-theme.

And, yes, I don't feel so good too.

> The others look fine to me, though.  The flash media icon perhaps
> isn't immediately obvious if you don't know what flash media look
> like, but I guess you're unlikely to see this icon unless you do.

Unfortunately the "rectangle with cut corner" is a common shape for
removable media. So I tried to keep it different form floppy icon
(horizontal vs vertical orientation), but I don't think we can do much
more...

[1]
http://images.apple.com/macosx/features/ichat/images/indextop20050412.jpg