Re: Logo for GNOME Accessibility

Calum Benson wrote:

On 31 Jan 2008, at 14:45, Willie Walker wrote:

Andreas Nilsson wrote:

Hi Willie!
Sorry that it took a while before you got any response.
Did this for the ATK section on the new gtk.org website:
http://andreasn.se/diverse/temp/a11y.png
http://andreasn.se/diverse/temp/a11y.svg

cc:ing tango-artists in the hope of more ideas.

Neat!  I'm going to be seeing some a11y folks today and will pass this
by them. It matches various other icons in the space and is very simple.

Don't wish to sound too critical here, but to me, this doesn't so much say "GNOME accessibility logo", as "identical to Apple's accessibility logo, but without the circle round it":

http://www.apple.com/accessibility/

No, I have no idea what a more GNOME-ified accessibility logo would look like, but it sure would be nice to have one :)

Hi Calum.
Yeah, you´re right, it looks too much like their logo. I guess they took the idea from our old friend Leonardo as well :). [1] Perhaps it would be interesting to do something on the theme of the Vitruvian Man, but in another style?
1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitruvian_Man
- Andreas