Re: yet another gnome-vfs patch

On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 01:08, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> I still don't know if/where my patches will go, but that doesn't prevent me from trying to improve gnome-vfs and nautilus remote file browsing.
> Today's patch is for the ftp method. It invokes the "simple-authentification" callback when it failed to login using the provided username/password. That way, if login failed, nautilus asks for a valid username/password. This patch is not perfect since the uri isn't modified to take into account the username/password the user entered because I don't know if I'm allowed to modify the uri provided by the user from a gnome-vfs module.

Cool!

I've got a patch for this already in my tree, but it wasn't complete.
I'll look at getting your changes into HEAD anyway. I'm not sure what
we're doing for 2.0.x series releases. I've been avoiding doing feature
work on that branch, but fixing authentication in ftp is definatly worth
putting into the stable branch - when somebody has an idea of what that
means.

Ian