Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [BETA6] the "Georgi! I did it!" release

On 11/08/2003 at 09:08:21(+0200), PUYDT Julien used 2.2K just to say:
> > I added a "-lpt" to the options in pwlib/plugins/Makefile and it worked
> > (because I already had the /usr/lib/libpt.so file installed). Not a good fix,
> > but it fixed the problem.
>
> Well, here is how it is supposed to work:
> * gm is launched;
> * gm is linked to the pwlib, hence it is loaded;
> * a plugin is loaded, through the very same lib;
> * since the lib is already linked in, the plugin finds the symbols;
> * it works!
> I really can't understand how gm could find the ptlib to launch the
> manager, but couldn't find it to link the plugins! Did you compile with
> some special option?

I cannot reproduce the problem anymore :(. I deleted almost everything I had in
/usr/local, recompiled the plugins without -lpt and tried to install the stuff
again. As far as I remember, I did it (the first installation) like this:

pwlib $ ./configure --enable-plugins
pwlib $ make optshared
pwlib $ make install

openh323 $ ./configure
openh323 $ make optshared
openh323 $ make install

gnomemeeting $ ./configure \
		--disable-gnome  \
		--with-ptlib-includes=/usr/local/include/ptlib \
		--with-ptlib-libs=/usr/local/lib \
		--with-openh323-includes=/usr/local/include/openh323 \
		--with-openh323-libs=/usr/local/lib
gnomemeeting $ make
gnomemeeting $ make install

I don't have $CFLAGS or similar.

$ grep local /etc/ld.so.conf
/usr/local/lib

Since I cannot reproduce it... we may as well forget it until it shows up
again.

--
(    Georgi Georgiev   (  A penny saved kills your career in           (
 )    chutz gg3 net     ) government.                                   )