Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Refactoring of the addressbook code

�ic Bischoff a �it :
Le Jeudi 8 Juin 2006 10:40, Julien PUYDT a �it :
What makes you think that they get "refreshed" at some point?
The user triggers the "refresh" action :-)

Then you loop again through the address book contacts ;-). No need to keep a copy of the contacts for that.

You will need to keep a copy to show them to the user anyway. And notice that a same contact could be shown at several places through the user interface!

Promise, I will look someday what a "XMPP roster" is ;-).
Perhaps you know what a "jabber roster" is?
http://mailman.jabber.org/pipermail/jadmin/2005-June/021875.html

No, and this article does not contain the word "roster" :-(.

The "roster" is the list of 'dead' contacts. I use 'dead' to distinguish them from 'live' contacts.

The situation is that you may have jc jabber lat in your roster, with the information that the name is "Julius Caesar", and belongs to the groups "Politicians" and "Jokers". But when he connects from his pda, he will show up as jc jabber lat/pda, and will neither be able to do VoIP, nor receive XHTML messages. When he is home, he connects from his computer as jc jabber lat/home, and will be able to do both. Now he goes to work, from where he shows up as jc jabber lat/work, which can do XHTML messaging, but not VoIP.

Yes, yes, no problem. I'm happy to have feedback :-)

Thanks for your openess, Julien :-).

No problem. More brains means better solutions :-)

glib, gobject & gtk+ already make ekiga run on win32.

I know. But I think it is always good to remove references to libraries if you do not really need them.

Well, glib is nice. The main problem KDE problem have with it is that it begins with a 'g' and is already used in GNOME. :-)

Snark