Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Ideas and considerations for the addressbook code

Julien PUYDT a �it :
While this organisation doesn't suffer from the problem �ic pointed
out, it has still a problem : how does one just "search" ? I mean, if
your api is "search a book => get a view", how does one make a search
which encompasses all books?

Ok, I think I'm on something : let's a book have a simple api, where on one side: 1) a book can return a view for itself, which means the view becomes specific, and hence can handle the case of big addressbooks ; 2) a full search function, which will return a new book, restricted to the the search ; again this book has its view, which will handle the case of big searches ; 3) a restricted search function, which will return say at most a hundred contacts matching the string ; this one allows to make a search on all the books, since we are assured we won't be drowned by the number.

This organisation would allow a clean approach for the view on a single addressbook, while still having the possibility to have a working "Find a contact" button.

Does that looks nicer ?

Snark