Re: [GnomeMeeting-list]Getting started problem

Victor di Angelo wrote:

On Tue, 06 Nov 2001 11:35:40 +0200
Andries Dippenaar <apj sanpeople com> wrote:
I'm just getting started with this whole video conferencing thing on Linux having used NetMeeting and funkier stuff like ProShare et al on Windows before. My setup is as follows:
  RedHat Linux      7.1
  XFree86 (core)    4.0.3-5
  XFree86 (driver)  S3 Savage 1.1.15
  Gnome (core)      1.4.0.5-ximian.5
  Gnome (libs)      1.2.13-ximian.11
  GnomeMeeting      0.11-2
  pwlib             1.1.36-4
  openh323          1.6.1-3

What camera? And are modules for camera loaded?

I don't actually have a camera. Well, actually I have a Logitech QuickCam, but it's the USB model, so I've not even tried to get that working (though as always hints/tips/pointers would be appreciated). I'd be quite happy if I can receive a video stream from either another GnomeMeeting or NetMeeting user. Is this maybe my mistake? Is /dev/video0 for the capture device and I've been staring at my eyelids the whole time?

Thanks,

Andries

--
       /|~~\ * APJ Dippenaar     * "If you wanna make the world a
     /__|__/ * apj sanpeople com *  better place, take a look at