Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Arts problem

Le ven 19/07/2002 à 06:14, Stefan Bruens a écrit :

> Some wrapper scripts will not help, at least for arts - arts is resumed
> automatically as it is needed, I think the same is true for esd when it is
> resumed by any other program. Think of the following: the daemon is
> successfully suspended by the wrapper, then you start gnomemeeting, some
> other program plays a sound (e.g. email notification, a warning ...), a there
> the daemon is again!

The Good Thing(tm) to do in my opinion is not shutting off the daemon,
but asking it to go in an auto-suspend mode, where it takes the devices
when asked to play, but lets them free otherwise:
jpuydt turing:~$ esdctl standbymode
server is on autostandby

I already configured my esound that way; here is my esd.conf:
[esd]
auto_spawn=1
spawn_options=-d /dev/sound/dsp -terminate -nobeeps -as 5
spawn_wait_ms=100

Hope this helps,

Snark