Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Sound

Le mar 12/11/2002 à 22:11, Pablo Ortuzar a écrit :
> Hi
>
> I've followed the instructions I've found in the mailing list and in the FAQs:
> using ALSA, setting  Player to /dev/dsp and Recorder to /dev/dsp1 (for people
> using Philips webcams); loading USB support, etc. I  therefore think my
> problem is not directly related to Gnomemeeting.

Is NAT implied somewhere?
You can also try to go on the channel and ask for a live test, but
except if there is a firewall, I don't think this is a GnomeMeeting
problem... Always watch the statusbar and the numbers behind the A:,
then indicate the speed for sending/receiving sound. If one of them
stays to zero, then it is not sending or receiving sound.

Not receiving sound means that there are firewall issues.
Not transmitting sound means this is a driver problem. (Alsa can be
buggy too). Also make sur the "audio" module (ToUCam) is loaded *after*
ALSA has started and thus that /dev/dsp1 is *always* the ToUCam.