Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] maximum secure proxy config for opengk

Hi Damien,

Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I think IP translation can be a secure solution,

Unfortunatelly, there is Netmeeting behind this firewall.
I prefer gnugk also because you do not need to provide special firewall rules for
every particular host in the network. I belive for bigger networks it is
more reasonable solution.

> but for that kind of
> question, perhaps that the GNU/GK mailing list is more appropriate,
> don't hesitate to ask there too, and if they answer, forward to the GM
> mailing list :)

Ok, I'll try.

BTW: I am still wondering: is it really impossible to find a solution
to encapsulate all the communication in one or more connections, but initiated only
from one side, thus in the way that is transparent to NAT and does not require
any support on router?

How do they do that e.g. in Yahoo Messenger that it works via NATs without any problems?

Rafal