Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] [NEWBIE] GNOME versus Microsoft ActiveX Control and JavaBean

tor 2002-09-26 klockan 19.50 skrev Fernando Alencar Maróstica:
> I bought AXIS Network Camera 2100 that offers
> crisp, quality images and streaming video from
> anywhere on your network.
>
> With a built-in high performance Linux and
> Webserver, no PC is required. The network
> camera can operate as a standalone or be
> placed wherever there is a LAN or Internet
> connection, or an available modem.
>
> See AXIS Communications:
> http://www.axis.com/products/cam_2100/index.htm
>
> But, this Software is PROPIETARY and only running
> in Microsoft Windows 95/98/ME or NT/2000.

Just to be clear about this: Only the ACE software is proprietary. ACE
is additional software that you can buy with the main benefit of being
able to display several camera feeds in one single window. But if you
can live without that, and live with having one camera feed in each
browser window, you can use any browser you want and don't need any
additional software. In addition to that, the software that powers the
camera is free software and can be downloaded from
http://developer.axis.com/.
Just wanted to make this clear, since I got the impression from your
mail that the proprietary ACE is required, which isn't true.

Christian