Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] video failure with ovfx2

Hello,

Le ven 22/08/2003 à 22:38, Dan Egnor a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use GnomeMeeting with an ovfx2 camera (Orange Micro iBOT2)
> on a RH9 host.  The camera works fine fine with e.g. xawtv and other v4l
> utilities.
>
> By default, when I start gnomemeeting (0.98) it claims at start that it
> cannot set the video frame size.  After debugging the code (the
> PTLib/OpenH323 makefiles sure are icky!), I found that if I swap the
> order of initialization so that it sets the frame size after setting
> e.g. the color conversion, that gets past that error.  This is such a
> simple and obvious error that I presume it's been fixed in CVS by now.

That's a bug of the driver, not of GnomeMeeting or pwlib... However,
0.98 has a different order of initialisation, I'll revert it to the old
order in CVS, but again, you are running a buggy driver.

> So now I have an image.  However, for some reason gnomemeeting seems to
> capture a few frames and then loop them over an over.  (This is just in
> the local monitor, before even making a call.)

Again a driver bug.

> Other apps have no trouble reading data from this camera; any idea what
> might be going on here?

Other apps are not using the same size, color palettes and such. If your
driver has been tested with xawtv only, it is highly possible it only
works with applications based on xawtv's code.

Given the fact that pwlib works with other cameras and drivers, I would
suggest you to report them bugs so that they can fix the driver.