Re: Re [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting Mandrake 9.1

I know I'm going to get flamed, but I hate distro tweaked kernels!

What's going on here is the running kernel doesn't match the kernel sources as they're configured.

What you'll need to do to fix this is go into the kernel source tree (usually /usr/src/linux-2.4):

1.) make clean

2.) make oldconfig

3.) make dep

4.) make bzimage ; make modules

That'll clean up your kernel tree so that you can build the new driver.

once that's done, go into the nixj source directory, do a:

  make distclean ; ./configure ; make ; make install

and you should be good to go!

Gérard Verger wrote:
      |Make sure you have the correct pcmcia drivers installed.  Yes,
the nixj       |driver works with your phonecard.  The late drivers
don't apply to the       |phonecard

$ ./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for rmmod... /sbin/rmmod
checking for lsmod... /sbin/lsmod
checking for depmod... /sbin/depmod
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for driver version... version is 1.2.1
checking for kernel source directory... yes (/usr/src/linux)
checking for complete kernel source... yes
checking for configured kernel... yes
checking running kernel version... ok (2.4.21-0.13mdk)
checking for kernel includes directory... yes
(/lib/modules/2.4.21-0.13mdk/build/include) checking that running and
kernel source versions match... no configure: warning: Kernel source
version 2.4.21-0.13mdkcustom does not match running version. This kernel
module may not work correctly checking for kernel compiled with
modules... yes checking modules directory... yes
(/lib/modules/2.4.21-0.13mdk) checking if kernel compiled with phone
module... yes checking for Quicknet telephony code in kernel... no
checking for auto ISAPNP support... enabled
checking for PCMCIA card services... no
checking for /dev/phone devices... yes
checking for max IXJ device count... 4 devices
updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating ixj-config.h

I think that my problem is that PCMCIA card service is not recognized.
Packages pcmcia-cs and pcmcia-X11-cs are installed. I checked
/etc/sysconfig/pcmcia and pcmcia is enabled (PCMCIA=yes). What is
missing? Thanks.

      |Gérard Verger wrote:
      |>     |Get the nixj driver from cvs and install that.  It's a
much      |> higher       |quality driver.  I'll rollup a tarball over
the weekend      |> and get that       |available for download.
driver      |> should be       |available on a few weeks.  It's behind
schedule. :( |> |> It's a recently acquired Internet **PhoneCARD** |> |> |
      |>       |Gérard Verger wrote:
      |>       |> Hello,
-      |> Internet      |> PhoneCard from Quicknet - MicroTelco account
to use |> with GnomeMeeting. |> |> |> Situation: I can ring a phone number - The other
person can ear      |> me      |> (communication is not too good) but I
can't ear him. |> |> |> |> 1) I installed gnomemeeting-0.98, openh323 and pwlib
from Jan      |>       |> Schampera's rpm (gnomemeeting website). The
Quicknet device in      |> the      |> "Audio Devices" section of the
GnomeMeeting preferences is      |> not available      |> even if
GnomeMeeting is started as root. |> |> |> |> 2) I tried to install ixj-1.2.1 from tar. I followed
the      |> install      |> instructions indicated for a pcmcia card:
configure,      |> make, make      |> install-cs and I got an error : no
rule to make      |> install-cs (in french :      |> pas de règle pour
fabriquer la cible |> install-cs). |> |> |> I need a little help. |> |> |> |> Thanks. |> |> |> |> Gerard