[GnomeMeeting-list] GM + DV + Debian (was: 1394 DV cam not recognized?)

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 07:42:14PM +0200, Kilian Krause wrote:
> if they work well, i'd be happy to place them online onto
> snapshots.seconix.com for interested users.. maybe even to gm.org

It works.  Two additional devices show up in the dropdown: /dev/raw1394 and
/dev/video1394.  I was able to get a video feed using the video1394 device
and module.

However, the raw1394 device did not work.  GnomeMeeting says that it was
unable to open the device.  This works in kino and dvgrab, so I'm not sure
what the problem is here.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

> (btw. please send me the diff of debian/rules for future releases.. just
> in case ;))

The diff would be just adding --enable-firewireavc to the configure line in
pwlib's debian/rules.  The other changes were for my bumped version number
(-0.1).

Its all online here if you want to see:

    http://chris.ruvolo.net/debian/gnomemeeting/source/

Oh, and I had to file Debian bug #199878 against libdv2-dev for an include
problem in /usr/include/libdv/dv_types.h.  I had to comment out a bogus
#include of config.h there.

If anyone is interested in giving these binaries a try, you can use the
following lines in your /etc/apt-sources.list, but please don't leave them
there permanently, this is just my little DSL connection.

    # Gnomemeeting 0.98.0
    deb http://chris.ruvolo.net/debian/ gnomemeeting/binary-i386/
    deb-src http://chris.ruvolo.net/debian/ gnomemeeting/source/

Thanks for your help everyone,