Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Compiling GM with gcc 3.3

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 10:26:59AM +0200, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:

> Indeed, GnomeMeeting 0.96.1 doesn't compile with the OpenH323 release
> you are trying to compile it with. The reason is that the API has
> changed in-between. I suggest you to use an older version of OpenH323,
> or to use the CVS version of GnomeMeeting, or to wait for the next
> release in 10 days (approximatively).

Thanks, the 2003-06-16 snapshot compiled and works great. :)

In case anyone else encounters the two other issues that I did, here they
are.  Neither is specific to GnomeMeeting but both come up when compiling
from CVS.
 - By default, gnome-autogen.sh only calls aclocal with
$GNOME_COMMON_MACROS_DIR (normally /usr/local/share/aclocal/gnome2-macros).
Some of the macros that GnomeMeeting uses are typically defined in
/usr/local/share/aclocal/; without them aclocal will print errors like
this:

aclocal: configure.in: 54: macro `AM_GCONF_SOURCE_2' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 237: macro `AM_PATH_SDL' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 342: macro `AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library

.. and generate a bogus configure script.  Solution is to make sure aclocal
includes the other macros prior to running autogen.sh:
 setenv ACLOCAL_FLAGS -I /usr/local/share/aclocal/

That's probably what the poster of
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnomemeeting-list/2003-May/msg00053.html
ran into.

 - This machine had bash 2.05a compiled from the source, but it didn't
have the shell script "which".  I use tcsh (which has it as a builtin)
so I didn't notice it missing until GM's autogen.sh used it.  Out of
curiousity I downloaded and installed 2.05b and it didn't install "which"
either, though it comes in the examples directory.  I'm guessing that
/usr/bin/which is just something that most distributions glue on.

Thanks again,

Troy