Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Creative Webcam problems

On Monday 27 Oct 2003 10:16 pm, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Le lun 27/10/2003 à 20:53, Anne Wilson a écrit :
> > I can see no reason to think it is.  Any hints?  BTW, I know at
> > least one other person who has the exactly same problem with a
> > different camera but also on Mandrake 9.1
>
> No hint, I've never heard of one such problem. Everything has an
> explanation

Agreed

> but the driver is working the same as root or as normal
> user, only the permissions to access the device are different.
> But if GnomeMeeting doesn't work because of permissions, other
> programs shouldn't work either, except if they are SUID root and
> that GnomeMeeting is not.

Which sounds like saying 'it can't be' when it actually is.  So - can
you give me a definitive list of the files/directories to which I
must have access if I'm to use GM as user?  I'm quite prepared to
believe that I may have missed one, but I've carefully checked all
that people have mentioned.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302