Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Automatically limiting outgoing video bandwidth according to other parties connection.

Hi Colin,

>     Damien> even with really slow video, it won't work.
>
> Why not? Yahoo Messenger manages it. Is it a requirement of the
> protocol that it shouldn't work?

nope, but of the codecs. Yahoo Messenger ships with proprietary codecs.
Those aren't available as open-source on Linux and thus can't be used.
So we're bound to use the low-optimized and high-bandwidth-consuming
codecs.
Yet for audio you already can load all sorts of codecs as of OpenH323
Pandora release. Maybe the upcoming Atlas release will also offer video
codecs (whoever wants to write this, please speak up!)

--
Best regards,
 Kilian