Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Open discussion about ILS/SIP/FWD

Le vendredi 27 août 2004 à 19:19 +0200, daniel huhardeaux a écrit :
> Did I misunderstood something? You asked if registration to seconix LDAP
> server could in the mean time register to FWD and this is the only
> registration possibility, or it was an additional feature to seconix,
> people still able to register to X SIP registrar simultaneously? If the
> first, bad idea ;-)

That would be additional. I don't know yet if it will be feasible, but
here is the summary.

Currently, users register through ILS, that's bad, because ILS is not
standard and severely limited.

In the future system, people will register for an account on seconix.com
and will be given a login pass. They will use that login / pass to
register to a registrar or to a gatekeeper, that way they will be given
an URL working for other users. Once they register, their info will be
published on ldap.seconix.com.

Optionally, they will be able to specify on seconix.com if they have a
FWD account. If they have one, the registrar on seconix.com will
register them when they register on seconix.com, having them accessible
through both networks. However, I have total control over seconix.com,
and I'm not a too bad guy, so I think it is better than having only
FWD.

FWD will be an option.

> BTW, on how much registrar (SIP or H323) will be possible to register
> simultaneously (X-Lite has 10)

Probably only one in 2.00, perhaps more later. It depends on what people
need.

I plan to reorganize the preferences so that it looks similar between
H.323 and SIP, ie gatekeeper <-> registrar (even if a registrar doesn't
control outgoing calls), and so on. It will be more synthetic than now.

--
 _      Damien Sandras
//\     FOSDEM      : http://www.fosdem.org