Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Audio delay compared to netmeeting.

Le mardi 07 décembre 2004 à 21:58 +0100, Bruno Hertz a écrit :
> On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 21:29 +0100, Damien Sandras wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > We have a new ALSA plugin in CVS that could solve your problem.
>
> I'll have a look at it, thanks.
>
> > However, that doesn't sound normal to have to fight with such recording
> > options to get decent latency.
>
> Hmmm. You know, I searched the web for two days, read tons of stuff
> about kernel/audio latency, fiddled with pci latency and quite some
> other things but still kept wondering why I actually found so little
> material related to my particular problem. So maybe it really isn't
> normal, but frankly I have no idea what the reason might be.

A bit weird indeed, nobody reported such a problem ever.

> Soundcard? Buy another one? Too many pci cards in my system causing
> lag on the bus? I have a ISDN, TV, PVR and Soundcard, plus Ethernet
> of course. But does that have an impact? All I know now is that the
> buf size changes things, giving delays in the millisec range if
> reduced to 1k or less.

The buffers are still less in GM. It requests 640 octets buffers and is
using the kind of hw_params you are telling. If you had the exact
instruction that could be compared to the actual plugin code.