Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Audio delay compared to netmeeting.

Hi,
 audio delays are an issue - why are they happening?

Well, where is the delayed audio being stored, prior to play?

a)in the sound system and is buffered heaps. Possible, and can be a
problem. However, I would expect this to happen in all cases, not
just when doing NM to GM

b)in the jitter buffer ? Possible. If you specify a fixed jitter buffer
   size, the jitter buffer cannot dynamically grow to (say) 3 seconds in
   size.

c)fast start/slow start issue.
  Can you try, when doing GM to NM, put GM in slow start mode, with no
   h245 tunnelling. Does this make a difference ?

Derek.