Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GM compatible with Google Talk VOIP?

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 03:29:01PM +0200, Antonello Lobianco wrote:
> Future releases of Google Talk will support SIP that is where
> Gnomemeeting is going.

Ok. I found this which somewhat explains what is coming:
http://www.google.com/talk/developer.html
"
5. What protocols are used for voice calls?

Google Talk supports a custom XMPP-based signaling protocol and
peer-to-peer communication mechanism. We will fully document this
protocol. In the near future, we plan to support SIP signaling.

6. Which voice codecs do you support?

Today, Google Talk supports the following standard voice codecs: PCMA,
PCMU, G.723, iLBC. We are also evaluating the Speex codec. We also
support codecs from Global IP Sound: ISAC, IPCMWB, EG711U, EG711A
"

I wonder will it make GM for Windows obsolete then, if Windows users
will have working free XMPP/SIP-application from Google?

// jouni