Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Re: Suse 9.1 GM 1.2 (Damien Sandras)

Hello,

Le vendredi 07 janvier 2005 à 10:54 +0000, mircobeaker hotpop com a
écrit :
> Hello everybody,
>
> Just a question regarding Suse 9.2 pro.
> I finally managed to get my Logitech Quickcam express to work on various
> utilities as well as GM although I still hav eto fix several parameters which
> appear to create a quite dark/darkened image reproduction.
> Apart from that I noticed that when updating via yast the kernel
> (2.6.8-24-default) to the new 2.6.8-24-5 the driver Spca5xx-20050101 stops
> responding and therefore the webcam is not detected.
> I tried updating the kernel sources + recompiling the kernel and installing
> the driver again but this time it didn't work.
> Is anybody aware of an alternative solution?
> Am I not supposed to update kernel? Is that safe?

It should be safe yes. But I think you should redirect that question to
a SuSE forum, we are unfortunately not SuSE experts here. There is only
one, but he seems to be away for now...