[Fwd: re [GnomeMeeting-list] suse 9.1 and GM 1.2]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: re [GnomeMeeting-list] suse 9.1 and GM 1.2
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:38:55 +0100
From: lambert Bernard <bga lambert wanadoo fr>
To: gnucash-devel gnucash org <gnucash-devel gnucash org>

Hi Bernard,

Am Mittwoch, den 12.01.2005, 22:32 +0100 schrieb lambert Bernard:
I still have my problem GM 1.2 does'nt want to start

I have re installed all gnome gtk packages from offcial suse

i look at the packages given fot Suse 9.1 and see some strange things

evolution-data-server
gnomemeeting
howl
libsoup  are package from  lason Antipariotis OK
OpenH323 is from Suse and for version 9.1

argh. You must use the version provided on www.gnomemeeting.org to make
sure all of gnomemeeting, pwlib and openh323 are the same version as
used while compilation. Mixing SuSE and gnomemeeting.org packages are
plain a VeryBadIdea(TM).

Well you don't undertand what i say
The packages above are these given BY gm on the GM web site in section
site for Suse 9.1

BUT .....

pwlib
pwlib-plugin-dc
pwlib-plugin-avc
pwlib-plugin-v4l
are from Suse and for Suse 8.2 ???

Yes, you are breaking dependencies. The versions you need to use for
pwlib and openh323 are the ones we provide. Not what SuSE has.
GnomeMeeting 1.2 is newer than their version and thus needs newer libs.

NON and NON I dont break dependencies because i only use yast for
installation and when I use rpm i never use option --nodep

I tell you it is a mess on the packages on the Gm web site because you
have tree kind of packages
some make by lason Antipariotis, some other one are for Suse 8.2 and are
official packages from suse but can't be use  (or with risk) with suse 9.1

why it is not the official packages from Suse 9.1 or special packages
make for GM 1.2 by L Antipariotis ?

GM 1.2 was released after 9.1 and even after 9.2. Thus there's no
official GM 1.2.0 in 9.2 AFAIK.

is that normal and can't explain problemes with Suse ? and GM 1.20
Of corse I can't install gm 1.2 because pwlib 1.8.3-1 with is needed by openh323

Yes, it's needed for a reason. Don't mess with versions if you're given
the right set of rpms from one site.

Read again my question ?

is you put only packages for Suse 9.1 official or built for this distrib
 everything will work better

best regard

Bernard Lambert
--