Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] New user seeks info on Netmeeting, Yahoo Messenger, and AIM

Am Montag, 2. Mai 2005 13:07 schrieb Jouni Lohikoski iki fi:
> On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 08:44:01AM -0400, Allan wrote:
>
> There is a fairly good (much better than MS Netmeeting) H323 compatible
> video conference program for MS Windows in
> http://www.openh323.org/
> Look for OpenPhone.
I'm using it too for my Windows endpoints too. OpenPhone is OK. It's a good
net citizen who supports NAT and STUN. One even can assign the TCP and UDP
ports it should use for H245 and Q931.

The downside is - it's quite old and the binaries are full of spider webs
yet. :-) I'm looking for hints on how to compile it on Windows without having
to buy a Microsoft compiler. (GNU for Windows? Crosscompile? Any idas)

The image quality is not as good as with Netmeeting. On 128kbit/s it's quite
poor. A more recent Openh323 version might provide relief.

Otherwise Neosmt.com does a good job.

Conrad