Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] cannot register with a gatekeeper

I checked the firewall. In fact, there are small
changes between the two gnomemeeting versions:

v1.0.2:
Set TCP port range to 3000030010
Set RTP port range to 50005007
Set UDP port range to 50105013

v1.2.2:
Set TCP port range to 3000030010
Set RTP port range to 50005016
Set UDP port range to 50205023

I tried to enable all listed ports. I also tried to
set port ranges to the same values as in v1.0.2 (using
gconf-editor). Finally I tried to disable the firewall
completely. Neither helped.

In fact, I have two identical machines. Originally
both of them were (successfully) running v1.0.2. I had
to switch to v1.2.2 on one machine because I had a
trouble with my webcam. The other one is still running
v1.0.2 without a problem.

By comparing logs from gnomemeetings on two machines,
I see that for v1.0.2 the first message from
GMH323Gatekeeper says
Binding to interface: 0.0.0.0:5010
while for v1.2.2 it says
Binding to interface: :::5020
The rest is the same until v1.2.2 fails to register.

I do not have an access to the gatekeeper logs, so I'm
really stuck here..

-- Sasha

--- Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> GnomeMeeting sends requests, but the gatekeeper
> doesn't answer them.
> Check you don't have a firewall, and check the
> gatekeeper logs.
>
> I doubt the problem is due to the upgrade.
>

> Le jeudi 08 septembre 2005 &#224; 10:28 -0700,
Alexander