Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Sound problem....

Hi!

Le vendredi 07 avril 2006 à 08:03 +0100, Archana Shinde a écrit :
> Hello friends,
>
> First of all, I want to congratulate Damien Sandras
> and his team for developing amazing Ekiga. I am a
> proud user of Ekiga. I want to share my experience
> with you all in order to help make Ekiga finer and
> better. I do expect help from you guys.

:-)

> I have Fedora Core 4 on one system and Windows XP on
> the other.Both the systems are on the same network.My
> aim is to have voice chat between NetMeeting and
> Ekiga.
>
> First I tried to do audio chat from NetMeeting(NM)on
> WINXP with GenomeMeeting(1.2.1)on FC4.The voice went
> well without any problem.
>
> but when I tried Ekiga(2.0.0) on FC4 with NM on WinXP
> and tried to have voice chat, I could listen my friend
>  who used Ekiga for 1-2 seconds in the starting. After
> that i could not hear anything. my friend logged on to
> Ekiga could not listen me too as well.
>
> I guess, the problem lies in Alsa sound manager. Voice
> chatting was successful on GM because GM uses OSS as
> audio manager. But Ekiga is taking only ALSA without
> providing any other option.

> While using the headset, we tried Audio test using
> arecord and aplay as suggested by
> Damien.
> [root kshemanth ~]#arecord -D plughw:0,0 -c 1 -r 8000
> -f S16_LE - | aplay -D plughw:0,0 -c 1 -r 8000 -f
> S16_LE -
>
> but when we stored the recorded sound, we could not
> play the .wav file.
> I got following errors...........
>

> [root kshemanth ~]# arecord -f dat -d 20 -D hw:0,0
> test.wav
> Recording WAVE 'test.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little
> Endian, Rate 48000 Hz, Stereo
> [root kshemanth ~]# aplay -f dat test.wav
> ALSA lib conf.c:1578:(snd_config_load1)
> _toplevel_:51:23:No such file or directory
> ALSA lib conf.c:2821:(snd_config_hook_load)
> /etc/alsa/cards/aliases.conf may be old or corrupted:
> consider to remove or fix it
> ALSA lib conf.c:2684:(snd_config_hooks_call) function
> snd_config_hook_load returned error: No such file or
> directory
> ALSA lib pcm.c:1959:(snd_pcm_open_conf) Invalid type
> for PCM default definition (id: default, value:
> cards.pcm.default)
> aplay: main:508: audio open error: Invalid argument
>
> So please help me to troubleshoot the problem.

That is more an ALSA problem, we are not ALSA experts. But what I would
try first, is to upgrade libasound on your system. It seems that the
config is not correct in /etc/, and that config is part of a specific
RPM (that I don't know, but it could be libasound).
--
 _      Damien Sandras
(o-