Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Avahi Howto?

Jan Kasprzak wrote:
: 	Hi all,
:
: is there any howto on what to do in order to use avahi with ekiga?
[...]
: 	My system is Fedora Core 5. Thanks,

	Hmm, despite being linked against avahi libraries, Ekiga in FC5
is not compiled with avahi support. Sorry for the noise.

	However, there is another problem - my coworker uses Gizmo,
and I can see him in the "Contacts near me" address list. I can
"right-click + call contact" on the address book, but his line
is somewhat different than other lines - his line in the address book
has the following fields:

Name:        sip:<nickname>@proxy01.sipphone.com:5060
Software:    <empty>
VoIP URL:    sip:<his local IP address>:64064

so when I do "right-click -> Add contact to the address book", I have
his real SIP address stored as a "name", and his temporary address
(the IP on the local net he is currently using) is stored as a
"VoIP URL". This is probably wrong, because the later could change
any time, while the former (sip:<nickname>@proxy01.sipphone.com:5060)
is - I think - permanent.

-Yenya

--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak  <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| GPG: ID 1024/D3498839      Fingerprint 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E |