Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Ekiga 2.00 released!

Congratulations on getting Ekiga 2.00 out of the door!

A big pat on the back to all.

I assume that you'll soon start working on the next version after a bit of break, and so may I suggest one area that I think really need an overhaul is the video codec.

Quite bluntly H261 QCIF is really bad. I was looking at some other softphones - Wengophone for one - while it's not that stable for Linux (I prefer Ekiga) I do use since it's better for video - it use two video codecs - H.263 and MP4 - it seems to be a plugin style?

I was thinking now that gstreamer 0.10 is out, why not make Ekiga use that for video plugin instead - which would solve all video codecs issues and it would work with any?

For MP4/H263/X264 etc - one could use a gstreamer plugin to do that and Ekiga stay legal. For example I notice that there is a gstreamer-0.10-ffmpeg plugin available so that's mp4 taken care of?

Cheers

JGJones

Y Ddraig Goch Ddyry Cychwyn

blog - http://gwallgofi.com