Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Sound problem - remote side.

Użytkownik Damien Sandras napisał:

Le mardi 30 mai 2006 à 20:59 +0200, W.P. a écrit :
Damien

iLBC is better when there is packet loss than GSM.

But operators of PSTN<->VoIP gateways in Polan (at least) use GSM.
In Ekiga statistics have not packet loss.

They are broken in 2.0.1, in 2.0.2 it is fixed, so the value is bogus.

Finally I've found operator that supports iLBC ;) (even in Poland ;) )
BTW, you were great right: when I tried to test echo with GSM/iLBC iLBC codec gave me MUCH better sound ;) But in statistics window there is NO information about packet loss / out of order. The only thing I notice is great jitter buffer: sometimes 500ms (I allowed up to 1000ms).

Even if you wait long enough? (say 30 seconds?)

Yes, I have waited at least one minute.

Have you compiled yourself or installed from sources?

It would be nice to test 2.0.2....
No, I have installed from RPM. I'll try to download and build 2.0.2 ;)

W.P.