Re: Shrinking Gnumeric for touchscreen devices

If I understand you right, the size you are counting is file size.
You can...

* Cut down on translations, see ALL_LINGUAS in configure.in.  (This
  would be for all packages.)

* Cut down on gnumeric's plugins.  You probably do not need qpro
  support.

* Disable run-time checks: configure with "--enable-debug=none", I
  believe.  (All packages again.)

In the slightly-more-work department:

* We could wrap all our glade files in a zip file.  That would probably
  cut 1MB away -- we have a lot and they compress very well.

- * -

This is a big project, but I can't say who or what at the moment, I'm
afraid.

Maybe not, but they're running on ARM, :-)

Morten