Nice job with solver! External links?

Hello All:
Just wanted to give the Gnumeric team a big thumbs up for the solver function. Its very fast and gave me excellent solutions! Step by step Gnumeric is getting closer to what I need to replace excel. When Gnumeric and link values from external spreadsheets and implement a macro language (or perhaps when I am willing to study python) I can ditch excel for good.
Any plans to link to external spreadsheets in upcoming versions?
Cheers,
Jim

--
James C. Martin PhD