Re: [gthumb-list] .comments files

Il 19/09/2010 18:52, Timothy M. Shead ha scritto:
I've been using the gThumb 2.10.11 provided with Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
extensively - great software!  However, I just built gThumb 2.11.92, and
noticed that when I use it my comments/tags aren't visible.

I've turned off the "Store metadata inside files if possible" in the
gThumb 2.11.92 preferences, and verified that if I assign a comment/tag
it gets stored in a .comments directory.

Comparing the .comments files created with both versions of the
software, I notice that 2.10 creates gzip-compressed files whereas 2.11
creates uncompressed files.  Is this a regression, or will I need to
convert all my .comments files going forward?

there is no need to convert the old comments, version 2.11 can read the compressed version without problem, the only difference is that the comments aren't displayed in the list any more, you have to click an image to read the comment.

Many thanks,
Tim

- Paolo